Calorie Bikes Are Brutal!

 Assault Air exercise bike burns 80 calories a minute | Daily Mail Online

Hello Readers!

This week was pretty crazy leading up to Thanksgiving Break. I was only able to attend CrossFit one day this week, despite thinking that it would not be that bad of a week. Wow, was I wrong. I did not realize how many projects, tests, and assignments I would have due throughout the week! Yet, I had to make sure that I was getting workouts in to keep a good regiment going on and to make sure I was able to destress throughout the week.

I am currently on an airplane flying back to Colorado for Thanksgiving. I am super excited since I have not been home since August! I cannot wait to see my family and my dogs. While I am home, I am planning on being outside as much as I can. It started snowing pretty early in Colorado this year, so I am hoping that I can get a good break to go hit the slopes and eat some good home cooked meals with my family. If I have time, I hope that I can go visit my old CrossFit gym, Ridgeline Fitness. That is where I found CrossFit originally and have been going there since I was in middle school. I consider the head coach, Adam, to be a close friend that I have cultivated throughout the years.

In past posts, I have talked about how CrossFit is a great way to connect with people and meet new faces. As I look back on previous times I have spent in my hometown CrossFit gym, there are so many people that I am excited to get home and see that I met from classes.

Here was the workout of the week in CrossFit that I enjoyed the most:

Primer:

  • 6 minutes of line drills
Conditioning 
4 Rounds for Time: 
  • 20/15 Cal Bike
  • 4 Wall Walks 
  • 15 Ring Rows
  • 15 Box Jumpover
  • 60 Double Unders (Jumprope)
  • *Rest 3 minutes and start over*
What I liked about this workout was that it would pretty quick and I was in and out of the gym pretty fast on Monday. It was a great way to start the week, and I got a very effective workout in about 45 minutes. Even though there were only two parts of this workout, by the end of the fourth round of the conditioning, I was totally beat. If you have never used a Calorie Bike before, I would strongly recommend. Although it may not be my favorite piece of equipment in the gym, it is one of the most effective ways of working your body because you are pushing the bike with your arms and pedaling at the same time. It is a sure way to get your body worked and an excellent way to increase your fitness capacity. 

Besides CrossFit workouts this week, I was also able to get a couple of runs in which was very nice. The training for my marathon is coming along great. I have gone from running 3 miles to running around 8 or 9! On Wednesday, I took a few hours out of the afternoon to push my running capabilities to my limits. Since I told you readers that I am training for a marathon, I assumed I would give you all a quick update even though this blog is a CrossFit blog. :) Regardless, life is about balance and fitness is about balance! If you are having a rough time motivating yourself to keep a consistent workout routine, find something else that you will have fun with. Whether it is hiking through Cameron Park or going for a swim in the Student Union Building, always stay moving even if you do not want to work out. Find something new! 

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving break and I hope you are all going to be spending time with loved ones this week. I will tune in next week for an update of a great workout I completed in Colorado, whether it is 'CrossFit' or not.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Luke 

Comments