Welcome!


 Hey there! Welcome to my new blog. My name is Luke Aubert and I am a senior at Baylor University. I am originally from Grand Junction, Colorado and I love to mountain bike, ski, and trail run. Here in Texas, there are not nearly as many outdoor activities for me to do in comparison to Colorado. So, I have picked up CrossFit as my main form of exercise while I am at school in Texas. 

I have been doing CrossFit for awhile now. I took my first CrossFit class when I was in 6th grade and loved it ever since. What I like most about this type of exercise is that it is always a full-body workout with weight-training and cardio. 

For my entire life, I have been very invested into fitness. I believe physical exercise plays just as an important role as exercising and growing your knowledge through school and reading. Furthermore, I believe that exercise is a tremendous way to manage stress and keep great mental health. Exercise, in my opinion, is one of the best factors in gaining self-confidence, staying consistent in a daily routine, and holding yourself accountable in day-to-day life. 

As a college student, my life seems pretty crazy sometimes. With extracurriculars, studying, deadlines, and socializing, daily life can seem overwhelming at times. The main reason for me starting this blog is to show how much CrossFit benefits my physical and mental health on a daily basis. In this blog, I will show that CrossFit is not as intimidating as it is stereotyped. In fact, I believe CrossFit can be for ALL people and is a tremendous way to de-stress and stay in shape! 

In this blog, I will write about how I am feeling before and after my CrossFit workouts. Whether I am stressed about an exam coming up or am just having a really casual day, my days always change for the better after I go to CrossFit. It is my 'safe space' to decompress. On top of sharing my mental state, I will show the 'Workout of the Day.' Many people who are curious about CrossFit do not know where to start because these workouts can seem intimidating. My hopes for the outcome of this blog are to show my readers that these workouts can be very rewarding from a mental and physical point of view. 

I hope you enjoy this journey of workouts! Stay tuned. 

Luke A. 

Comments