Brench Presses and Burpees on Monday Mornings

 How to Do Burpees with Perfect Form | Muscle & Fitness

Hello Readers,

Thank you again for tuning into another weekly report of my favorite CrossFit workout of the week. This week was about finding balance. I had a good amount of presentations and assignments this week, but no tests. What was nice about it was that I had just enough work to keep myself busy, but also not enough work to keep me from procrastinating to the max. 

This was a week of great CrossFit workouts. I had lots of time to be at the gym, and now that the weather is getting colder and more rainy, this gives me even more leverage to get out of my house do something productive at the gym. Even though I am still in training for a run in February, I believe that I will focus more on time to spend inside the gym for this week as the weather continues to change. I have been doing a great job of keeping myself accountable of going on runs and going to the gym, but now I believe I should shift my focus a little more to being more strict on my CrossFit workouts. 

As I have mentioned in previous blogs, I believe that switching up your workouts throughout the week will help you from getting burnt out. So, for this next upcoming week, I am going to focus more on gym (CrossFit) workouts and while I am home next week for Thanksgiving, I will most likely focus more on my running and cardio. 

Here was my favorite workout this week:

Primer:

6 Minute AMRAP:

  • 10 PVC Passes
  • 10 Kettle Bell Deadlifts 
  • 10 Bench Push-Ups
  • 3 Inchworms (No Push-Up)
Strength:
Benchpress:
  • 1x2 @ 50%
  • 1x2 @ 60%
  • 1x2 @ 70%
  • 1x2 @ 80%
  • 1x2 @ 90% 
  • 3x2 @ 95%
Conditioning: 
For the first 15 minutes...
10 Rounds for Time 
  • 15 Russian Kettlebell Swings 
  • 8 Burpees 
For Minutes 15-20...
  • Maximum weight farmer carries (120 feet)
I liked this workout because it was another partner workout on a Monday morning. It was a great way to kick off the week and get start off the day on the right foot. Recently, I have started to enjoy partner workouts more than I used to. In the past, I used to like going to the gym by myself and to keep to myself as I did my workouts. I have started to make more friends that go to the same CrossFit classes as me, so it is fun to collaborate on workouts with them. Its like socializing and working out at the same time - killing two birds with one stone!

The most challenging portion of this workout was the first 15 minutes of conditioning. After doing lots of bench presses previously, my arms and chest were pretty tired. I then had to go from swinging a kettlebell to doing as many burpees as I could in a 15 minute period. Man, was I tired after that workout! But, as I have mentioned in some previous blogs, I have also been invested in strict strength training, like bench presses. It was very nice to have bench presses (strict strength training) in collaboration with the CrossFit workout. That is my ideal way of working out.

That is all I have for this week's highlight. Stay tuned to see what workout is my favorite next week!

Luke 

Comments